Hi lady loves! This weekend, November 3-4, is the 2017 Breeders' Cup World Championships and it is making its debut here at our home at the Del Mar Racetrack. So whether you have been a big-time supporter and fan of horses and the races or will be going to the races for the first time ever and have no idea what to wear to, we've prepared some easy, yet beautiful outfits for this event. The Breeders' Cup isn't like any normal race day though. The attire for this event is black tie (a.k.a. formal and fancy) so you get to be extra dolled up compared to a normal race day (and we're not going to lie, we're pretty excited about that part hehe). But anyway, if you ladies need an outfit or just some inspiration, keep on scrolling to see just a few of the dresses that we have in stock for you here at VDV.
- The Dark Gardens Maxi is sure to make you feel beautiful and like your best self. The black floral embroidery combined with the beige mesh is beautiful and elegant, but also sexy at the same time. The legs slits make it easy to walk and don't leave you restricted. No need to go crazy with accessories either; just pair with some simple, dainty jewelry. You can't go wrong this with one.
Flynn Skye Cedar Maxi, $216
- The Cedar Maxi may be the easiest outfit of this bunch. It is a black, mock neck, long sleeve, maxi dress with a gorgeous pink floral print and an open back detail. Girly and chic, and also features two leg slits that make it easy to walk in this dress. You could, but there's no need to accessorize as this dress brings everything you could need to the table.
Cleobella Nebula Dress, $249
- The Nebula Dress is a maxi dress with lace detailing, but it's the mustard color that makes this dress stand out. Any heel of your choice can work, but we liked the contrast of a black shoe with this dress. Layer on some necklaces to fancy this dress up a little bit more, and you're all set to go.
- The All That Glitters Maxi Dress is an all over, star-detailed, mesh, long sleeve dress. You can pair with some simple and dainty layering necklaces to add a little something extra to the outfit if you wish, but regardless you're going to feel like a princess in this unique and beautiful number.
- The Dove Embroidery Midi Dress is exactly that. This long sleeve, beautifully embroidered dress is sure to catch everyone's eye. Another uniquely gorgeous dress by For Love and Lemons that's guaranteed to make you feel like a princess. And honestly, we all deserve to feel like a princess a the day!
Shoes featured: Jeffrey Campbell Pilars, $155, in Black Suede and Nude Suede
Order these babies online or come stop by the store (just down the street from the racetrack) and come get styled by our girls here at Van De Vort for your Breeders' Cup outfit! Each of these outfits (plus more!) can be found in-store or online at ShopVanDeVort.com.
Make sure to tag us in your Breeders' Cup photos!
Thanks for reading, babes! Until next time!